Peninsula Tennis Club
Upcoming Events & Activities
- Saturday, April 13th Ladies Doubles Tournament
- Saturday, May 18th Pizza & Pros
- Friday-Sunday, June 7th-9th van Dillen Men's Doubles
- Saturday, June 8th van Dillen Happy Hour
- Thursday, June 20th Twilight Tennis
President's Message: David Bressie
Happy Spring! This great weather gets me even more excited to get out and play some tennis at PTC. As our new USTA season is about to begin, I would like to first congratulate our women’s 3.5 team for making it to Districts. Best of luck in Sacramento.
All of our USTA teams have members that give a lot of time and effort being captains and co-captains. I would like to thank all of our members who have so graciously given their time over the years. Having captained a few teams myself, I know how much effort goes into it. I would also like to take this time to give a huge thanks to those members who have done so over many, many years. I devoted a little bit of time to digging through the USTA site and since 1998 we have had 12 other members captain or co-captain more than 15 teams. They are as follows:
Ken March 34
Mindy Wong 28
Marisa Wachhorst 23
Nancy Chew 23
Gerry Sydorak 22
Barbara Freethy 22
Linda Nagare 20
Jerry Ceglia 19
Linda Benvenuto 18
Adrienne Schubiner 17
Peter Stevenson 17
Natalie Vasiliev 16
Thank you very much for your continued efforts over the years in helping provide a great asset to our club. Best of luck to everyone participating on teams this year!
Manager: Lona Means
The USTA 55+ and Mixed Doubles 18+ season is rapidly approaching. The deadline to register a team is May 20th. Please let me know if you would be interested in captaining a team this season.
The swimming pool is open. Please take some time to review the club pool and spa rules:
- PTC is a tennis club, please be conscious of the tennis players and keep pool noise to a minimum.
- Juniors under age 18 are not permitted on PTC premises after 5:00pm without an adult present. Please do not give your children access to club keys. The club is monitored by security cameras.
- When entering the club through the Chatham gate, walk through the club house or stop and wait until a break in play on court #1.
- Children under the age of 14 must have an adult actively supervising them in the pool/spa at all times.
- Children under 5 years old are not permitted in the spa at any time. It is unsafe for children under 5 to be in temperatures above 102 degrees. Adults have priority at all times in the spa; children must vacate the spa when in use by adults.
- Glass is prohibited in and around pool, patio and barbecue area.
- Running and diving are prohibited at all times in the pool/spa area.
- Please turn off all propane tanks, close all umbrellas, turn off lights, clean up pool toys, straighten chairs and monitor the junior locker rooms upon leaving.
- Sign in all guests at the podium on arrival. Guests are limited to twice per month.
Tennis Committee: Erica Reilly
Lots of tennis activities happening at the club in the next couple of months. The Mad Hatter Ladies Doubles Tournament morning promises to be a great time -- all the brackets are full and we should have some great competition.
PTC van Dillen Men's Doubles Championship is on June 7th, 8th and 9th. We hope to have a nice gallery for some of the first round of matches on Friday June 7th in the late afternoon and will have a cocktail party after play on Saturday. The finals will be played on Sunday. New for this year is a 65+ bracket with a 3.5 and under and a 4.0 and over division. Find a partner and sign up at the club or email Lona.
Membership committee: Peter Stevenson
There have been no changes to the membership since our April Drop Shot, but we do have a new applicant to the club. They are Dr. Amanda Wheeler and her husband Andrew Ogilvie. They're sponsors are Mindy Wong and Sheila Cooper.
Social Committee: Jackie Sage/Elise Brand
Thank you all for coming out and joining in the fun at the Spring Fling Game of Thrones event. Elise and I had a blast planning this event. Seeing all of you embrace the theme had us laughing every step of the way. Thank you for your enthusiasm and good cheer. It made the event much more fun with all of your participation.
Please help us continue the fun with Pizza and Pros on May 18th. Also, be sure to cheer on the women at the Ladies Doubles Tournament on Friday, May 10th.
PTC Green Committee
We have received comments that there are not enough metal cups available. We will order some more but the cups are really just in case you forget to bring your own water bottle. We would love to see everyone keep one in your locker and tennis bag. PTC water bottles are now available for purchase from Lona. They are double insulated, wide mouth and come in black or white for only $20.00. Get yours before they are gone!